Welcome to the 2022 Shedunnit Pledge Drive!
The stretch goal has now been met. Thanks to everyone who has taken part.
Stretch goal! We met our initial target of 100 new members so quickly that we’re now working on a stretch goal with a new reward — if we hit 175 by the end of the year, Caroline will do a livestreamed episode of Shedunnit for all listeners (not just members).
Shedunnit is a completely independent podcast, meaning that there is no publisher or network covering any of its costs. I’m able to keep it going like that in large part because of the Shedunnit Book Club members, who through their contributions give me a stable allowance to spend on all the costs associated with the show. Please see below for the benefits of membership and how to sign up. If you have any questions about the club or difficulties signing up, you can peruse the FAQs or contact the Book Club’s membership co-ordinator Connor McLoughlin on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This year’s pledge drive perk is a really good one: the Shedunnit Guide to Golden Age Detective Fiction, which will help anyone wanting to broaden their reading work out which books to start with or which one to try next. But, this guide is a pledge drive perk and it’s only for Shedunnit Book Club members — so if you’d like to have it available to you as you’re expanding your library of golden age detective fiction, you will need to join now. (Existing members can get access now here.)
Everyone who signs up during the pledge drive will also get access to a couple of exclusive audiobooks I’ve made of my favourite early lady detective stories, plus the chance to gift a membership to a friend at no extra cost. All the details on how to join are below. Thank you for your time and support.
The Amateur Sleuth: £5 a month or £50 a year
(prices are in GBP but will convert to your currency on your statement when you’ve checked out)
You’re a fully-fledged member of the Shedunnit Book Club. In addition to the warm glow you get from knowing you’re keeping your favourite independent podcast on the air, you will receive:
- access to the secret members-only Shedunnit forum
- initiation into the book club — we read and discuss a different detective novel every month, see a full list of all books read so far here
- two bonus episodes a month: one about the book we’re reading, and one other featuring never-before-heard interview tape that had to be cut from the main show for length or behind the scenes details about the show
- each episode of the main podcast 24 hours early, free of advertising or interruption
- an invitation to the monthly watching party, where Caroline hosts a stream of a whodunnit film or TV episode and runs a live chat for members
- a free annual membership to gift to a friend
- A 10 per cent discount on future Shedunnit merchandise
Click here to join now for £5 a month.
The Seasoned Detective: £25 a month or £250 a year
All the benefits of the Amateur Sleuth tier, plus the following additional benefits that are only available at the higher level:
- A monthly audiobook of Caroline reading a detective short story to you (plus access to the full library of audiobooks as it grows)
- Access to a Seasoned Detectives Only area of the members’ forum to propose new audiobooks for Caroline to make
- A 30 per cent discount on future Shedunnit merchandise
Click here to join now for £25 a month.
Give a year’s membership to a friend
— Any membership level can be given as a gift. You can choose when the gift is delivered at checkout, so you can purchase during the pledge drive for a future occasion.
Make a one off donation
— There’s information on how to do that here.
Spread the word about the podcast
— Not everyone is in a position to make a financial contribution, and that is very much OK! But if you’d still like to be part of making the pledge drive a success, tell your mystery-loving friends about the podcast or post about it social media. Leaving a review on platforms like Apple Podcasts is also a really good way of spreading the word.